An award is always fun and inspiring!
As relatively new and inexperienced travel bloggers its very fun to be designated to such an award in the big world of travel bloggers. We are nominated to The Versatile Blogger Award. Many thanks to Brianna Jellerson Simmons at Casual Travelist who nominated us. It’s a great encouragement to be nominated and getting noticed by other bloggers.
I have to admit that I did not know anything about this award before we got nominated. But I have found out that this is an award given from bloggers to bloggers in order to support each other and help up and coming blogs to get noticed. If you are nominated, you`ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.
The award comes with some rules. You have to thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you`ve recently discover or follow regularly and that you find worthy of the award. Finally, you have to tell 7 things about yourself.
I have thanked Brianna in the beginning of this post. Brianna`s blog; Casual Travelist have the subtitle; Culinary, city and nature travel. Check out her blog!
I have nominated the following blogs and bloggers:
Mark and Stefy at Born2travel
Monica and Jon at We travel together
Dennis at See The World In My Eyes
Chanel at Cultural Explorer
Jonathan Look at Life part2
Cecilia at Nobackpacker
Doria at Doria Travels
Kristen at Bearfoot Theory
Mark and Kirsty at Kathmandu & Beyond
Christine and Jules at Dont Forget to Move
Sarah-Jane at Chasing the Donkey
Conor at Escaping The Mainstream
Anu & Sri at Country Hopping Couple
Ethan & Jessica at Independent Travel Cats
Gordon and Paula at Contented Traveller
Then 7 things about us you might not know:
- Per and I met 16 years ago but did not marry before 5 years ago.
- I trained for the Olympics in swimming as a child. I have always been very optimistic! But I had to give up, getting on the national swimming team.
- Per went to sea at 17 and sailed for 2 years. In these years the foundation for Per`s food interest was established. When the other gays went to the harbor bar, Per went further up in town, found a good restaurant and tasted the local food.
- I love horror films!
- We collect African art and craft and have a small collection of masks.
- Our first trip together was to the Greece island Chios. Per managed to persuade me to come with him. But I was very skeptical to what I thought was a touristic kind of holyday. But after that Greece is one of my favorite holyday destinations.
- Our most adventurous journey was to Uganda. We went Mountain Gorilla tracking with friends and it was a dream coming true.